I love love. There is a quote on my body all about love. I tell everyone in my family I love them daily. I try to spread love as best as I can. So I get pretty excited about Valentine's day, because it's a holiday about LOVE!
Since Valentine's Day is a on a Tuesday this week, Dustin and I will be busy with work. So I wanted to do something a little special on Saturday to celebrate! I decided on a breakfast spread ♥ Included is the recipe for the french toast below.
We had Cupid's French Toast, homemade caramel iced coffee. Along with the usual bacon, eggs, and hash-browns as well as a side of peppered avocado for myself. I think we'll go see a movie on Valentine's Day this year or watch something at home. Just keep it simple and between the two of us.
I hope you all have a wonderful love filled valentine's day!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥CUPID'S FRENCH TOAST
Heart Shaped Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Red Velvet French Toast
Don't stress over the specifics of this recipe - if you can make basic french toast you can make this no problem! You can also add a strawberry compote by simply refrigerating a bowl of chopped strawberries mixed 1/4C of sugar over night.CLICK ANY OF THE IMAGES TO PIN THIS RECIPE! SERVES: 2 perhaps more
1 PKG (8oz) CREAM CHEESE, softened
1/4C POWDERED SUGAR
1C DICED STRAWBERRIES
1TSP VANILLA EXTRACT
LEMON ZESTBREAD / EGG WASH:
THICK-CUT BREAD (THINK TEXAS TOAST)
RED FOOD COLOURING
1C MILK (I used part milk, part whipping cream)
2TBS COCOA POWDER
STRAWBERRIES TO GARNISH
POWDER SUGAR TO GARNISH
STRAWBERRY COMPOTE (optional)
CHOCOLATE SAUCE (optional)
1. Combine together the all the stuffing ingredients (cream cheese, powdered sugar, diced strawberries, rosewater, vanilla and lemon zest) in a bowl and set aside.
2. Cut your bread slices into heart shapes and set aside.
3. Mix together eggs, milk, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and desired food coloring and whisk until blended.
4. Soak each slice of bread in the eggwash until completely soaked.
5. Heat the butter in a large nonstick pan/skillet over medium heat and fry the bread until cooked through, turning once.
6. Between two slices fill each slice with filling. You can return to fryer on low-medium heat if you wish, if not, plate and garnish as you wish.